By Susan I. Rotroff
Read or Download Hellenistic Pottery: Athenian and Imported Wheelmade Table Ware and Related Material (Athenian Agora 29) PDF
Best nonfiction_2 books
Whilst the physique of a boy from certainly one of Greece’s so much renowned households turns up in a dumpster in a single of Athens’ worst neighborhoods, leader Inspector Andreas Kaldis of the Greek Police’s distinctive Crimes department is bound there’s a message within the homicide. yet who despatched it and why? Andreas’ politically mistaken look for solutions takes him deep into the sordid, legal facet of Athens nightlife and directly to the glittering international of Athens society the place age-old frictions among outdated cash and new breed jealousy, homicide, revenge, revolutionaries, and a few very risky truths.
Technological know-how fiction by way of Andre Norton. battle among Atlantis and Mu.
This can be the second one version of the excellent remedy of statistical inference utilizing permutation recommendations. It makes to be had to practitioners a number of valuable and strong info analytic instruments that depend upon only a few distributional assumptions. even though lots of those approaches have seemed in magazine articles, they aren't available to practitioners.
- Little Pink Book
- Differential Subject Marking
- Who Classification of Tumours of the Central Nervous System (Who Classfication of Tumours)
- Spring Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach, Second Edition
- The genera of larval midges of Canada: Diptera--Chironomidae (The insects and arachnids of Canada)
Additional info for Hellenistic Pottery: Athenian and Imported Wheelmade Table Ware and Related Material (Athenian Agora 29)
London Pottery fromExcavations ThePapersofaMemorialSymposium Vanderpool, E. 1980. "The State Prison of Ancient Athens,"in FromAthensto Gordion: for RodneyS. roung,K. , Philadelphia,pp. ,J. R. McCredie, and A. Steinberg. 1962. "Koroni:A Ptolemaic Camp on the East Coast of Attica," Hesperia31, pp. 26-61 1964. "Koroni:The Date of the Camp and the Pottery,"Hesperia33, pp. >, ApXEp Varoucha-Christodoulopoulou, I. 1961. jiov266/5-263/2 1953-1954 (3) , pp. 321-349 = S. Drougou and I. Touratsoglou,EXXvLarrtxolX)aevrol t&(poLBipoLacq, Veroia Athens 1980 Vetters, H.
After about 250 shiny glaze is rare, occurringon only about 15 percent of the vessels. The surface on the rest is either metallic or, less frequently,dull. Metallic glaze, achieved by using a higher firing temperature, is very rare before the end of the 4th century but after 250 appears on close to half the pottery. Probably it was inspired by metalware, and it is particularly effective on vessels, like moldmade bowls, that imitate metal shapes. A dull surface,probably never a desired effect, occurs on about a third of the pots made in the 3rd and 2nd centuries and becomes much commoner in the 1st century.
18. 20 See Pfrommer 1987, pls. 43-46. 21 Mitsopoulou-Leon 1977; cf. Andronicos 1984, p. 149, fig. 111 and Oliver 1977, no. 33, p. 66. 22 AgoraXXII, pp. 6-13. 23 Cf. Bothmer 1984, nos. 105, 106, pp. 59-60 (maskfeet); no. 95, p. 55 (medallion);Wuilleumier 1930, pp. 3440, pls. III, IV (medallions); Oliver 1977, nos. 36-39, pp. 72-74 (medallions); Andronicos 1984, pp. 152-155, figs. 115-120 (attachmentsat base of handles). 24 For metal see Richter 1956, no. 29, p. 46, pl. XIX:C; Maximova 1979, no. 5, pp.
Hellenistic Pottery: Athenian and Imported Wheelmade Table Ware and Related Material (Athenian Agora 29) by Susan I. Rotroff